| Brynley King
GLUTEN FREE | PALEO OPTION | DAIRY FREE
Approx. $18.67 AUD per batch - $2.33 AUD per serve
Equipment Required: Wok or large pot
Ingredients2 tbsp. coconut oil
2 brown onions, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 large chilli, chopped
3 tbsp. Banaban Fiji Curry Powder or regular curry powder (I love the Banaban brand curry powder, but if you don’t have that any regular curry powder will suffice)
1 cup organic chicken stock (or regular chicken stock)
800g diced meat - chicken, lamb or fish! (My favourite is chicken!)
5 potatoes, peeled & diced
5 carrots, peeled & diced
½ cup coconut cream
1 litre water
- On a medium temperature, heat coconut oil in a wok or large pot.
- Add diced onion, minced garlic, salt and pepper and stir until brown.
- Add in curry powder, chilli and chicken stock and reduce to a low temperature.
- Allow the flavours to develop for around five minutes.
- Add water and bring to the boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in meat (adding the meat at the end will ensure tender pieces) and simmer for a further 15 minutes until meat is cooked and potatoes and carrots are soft.
- Add in coconut cream right at the end and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes, this will ensure the cream won’t curdle.
- Serve as is, in a bowl or on a bed of fresh steamed rice.
Tip - For a Paleo option replace potatoes and rice with cauliflower florets or other vegetables such as broccoli and cabbage.