| Brynley King
This is a beautiful cacao cake that is rich and moist! Jazz it up with some beautiful whipped cream and fresh berries! It is a little more on the expensive side as it uses three cups of almond meal, but if you are on a budget and not gluten intolerant you can swap the almond meal for plain flour on a 1:1 ratio.
GLUTEN FREE | PALEO | DAIRY FREE
Approx. $16.73 AUD per batch - $1.04 AUD per serve
Equipment Required: Springform baking tin and oven
3 cups almond meal
1/2 cup cacao powder
1 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp. gluten free baking powder
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
2 tsp. coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
2 tbsp. crushed almonds
1 cup thickened cream, whipped or for a dairy free option whipped coconut cream as per condiments section recipe
1/2 cup chocolate sauce as per condiments section recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C or 302°F
2. Grease a springform baking tin to ensure mixture won’t stick to the sides.
2. Place dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Place wet ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Mix dry and wet ingredients together and place mixture into baking tin.
5. Place in the oven for 40-50 minutes until cooked through. To check this, simply place a butter knife in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean it is ready. If not, pop it back in the oven for a few more minutes.
6. To serve like the image above, allow the cake to fully cool.
7. Cut the cake into three even layers, not too thick however, as you want the cream to hold the cake up.
8. Whip 1 cup of thickened cream or for a dairy free option whip coconut cream as per condiments recipe section.
9. Place cream evenly on middle layers and top with fresh berries and nuts and enjoy!