These incredible little scallops make a perfect entrée or tapas at a dinner party. As these scallops are pan seared in coconut oil, the fusion of coconut with the scallop and fresh herbs are a winning combination.
GLUTEN FREE | PALEO | DAIRY FREE
Approx. $30.00 AUD per batch - $5.00 AUD per serve
Equipment Required: Fry pan/skillet & serving plate
12 fresh ½ scallops (on the shell for optimal presentation)
1 tbsp. fresh chilli, diced
1 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. fresh coriander, chopped
Spray coconut oil or 1tbsp. coconut oil
Pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt
- Gently remove scallops from their shell (still keep the shells for serving).
- Place skillet or fry pan on the stove and bring to a medium heat.
- Spray coconut oil on the skillet or add 1 tbsp. of regular coconut oil to the pan.
- Fry scallops in coconut oil for around 1 minute until golden on each side.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine fresh chilli, garlic, coriander and salt.
- Place cooked scallops back on original shell base and add ¼ tsp. of the herb paste on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip – You can also garnish with some fresh micro herbs!